1/30/12

- Pumpkin Walnut Cream Cheese Muffins -




   I know we're a ways past Fall and traditional "pumpkin season" but I have a great recipe for you! While I was visiting family for Thanksgiving, I got to bond with my littlest nephew Z [he's almost two]. He saw me baking and cooking every day and associated me with the mixer. It was too cute. First thing in the morning two days before my trip ended, Z saw me, took my hand, walked me to the cabinet with the mixer, and handed the mixer to me. All while saying in his cute voice, "Cinnnnmiiinnn, Nutmeg."  That was his sweet little way of telling me, "Let's bake, Aunt Linny!" :)  And though I didn't have plans to bake anything right then, I couldn't resist spending time with Z and letting him help me bake.
 the cutie pie with the mixer
So that's when I came up with this recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Walnuts. And, boy, am I glad Z wanted me to make something! These muffins turned out so well. Much better than my first pumpkin muffin attempt! They've got a great consistency, and spicy-pumpkiny flavor, and the walnuts add a nice crunch. The cream cheese makes it even better with its creamy sweetness.  Definitely a crowd pleaser. Everyone that tried these really liked them. Including little Z.

MUFFIN

• 3 eggs
• ½ c ZSweet

• 4 tbsp butter, softened
• 1 c almond flour
• 2 tbsp coconut four
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ c pumpkin
• 1 ¼ tsp xanthan gum
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ¼ tsp cloves
• ½ cup of finely chopped walnuts

- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease&flour muffin tin or line with liners.
- In a medium bowl, beat all ingredients- except walnuts- until well mixed.
- Add walnuts and stir to incorporate.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop batter into muffin tin filling ¾ the way up.
- Try to make an indent in the middle of each for the cream cheese.

CREAM CHEESE TOPPING

• 5 tbsp cream cheese, softened
• 1 tbsp heavy cream
• ½ tsp vanilla
• 1 ½ tbsp ZSweet, powdered [granulated works, too]

- In a small bowl beat ingredients until fluffy.
- Place about a tablespoon of mixture into indents in the dough.
- Evenly distribute any remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan at least 10 minutes prior to eating.

ENJOY!


And check out these recipes from others:
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free

No comments:

Post a Comment